Tuesday, January 9 at 1 PM – 2 PM
US Immigration Courts at JFK Federal Building
Boston, Massachusetts 02203
In January, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh declared that Boston would be a sanctuary for immigrants. He even offered his office as a literal sanctuary to immigrants facing deportation. Yet every Tuesday since making that promise, dozens of children have been deported within sight of Mayor Walsh’s office. Often they are arrested and detained with the full support and collaboration of city officials and law enforcement.
Join us on Tuesday, January 9th to stand in solidarity with the children who will be in court on that day, pleading for the chance to remain safely in the U.S.
In solidarity with Siham, we demand that:
1. DCF allow Siham to freely communicate with Naseem whenever and however they wish.
2. DCF does not put Naseem up for adoption against Siham’s wishes.
3. DCF help Naseem get a passport so that he can be reunited with Siham.
4. The Massachusetts Department of Children and Families release a public statement against Siham Byah’s deportation, and that they end any collaboration with the ICE attacks that are devastating Massachusetts families.
5. Siham Byah be returned to the United States immediately and given the opportunity to present her case for asylum in the United States.
6. ICE immediately stop terrorizing our communities and ripping apart families.
We will have a rally with speakers at the JFK Federal building, then march to the DCF office at 600 Washington Street.
This event is being hosted and organized by a coalition of activists and organizations in the Boston area that seeks to mobilize large numbers of people against ICE’s attacks on our undocumented friends, family, and neighbors. If your organization would like to co-sponsor this event, or join our efforts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.